I decided to start a little mini-series dedicated to movie lines. Quotes are such a powerful thing. They can make you laugh or cry, they can inspire you or make you see things differently. Some are so memorable or iconic that they’re used normally in every day conversation.
That being said, I wanted to cast some light on romantic lines in this post and I thought to myself ‘who better to ask for a list of favorites than my very own mother?’. She’s a classy woman with a simular sense of humor as mine (and a few more heart strings)
Top 5 Romance Movie Quotes
(Put together by my mom)
1. “No, I don’t think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That’s what’s wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” – Rhett Butlet (Gone With the Wind)
2. “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love…I love…I love you.” -Mr.Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
3. “I’ve come here with no expectations, only to profess now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours.” -Edward Ferrars (Sense and Sensibility)
4. “After all… I’m also just a girl standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” -Anna Scott (Notting Hill)
5. “I cannot make speeches, Emma…If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more. But you know what I am. You hear nothing but truth from me. I have blamed you, and lectured you, and you have borne it as no other woman in England would have borne it.” – Mr. Knightley (Emma)
That’s it for the romance category! Stay tuned for some more movie quotes from different genres!
Do you have favorite romantic quotes? Post them in the comments below!